Sunday, August 11, 2013

Riverbend Farm CSA Week 8

Potatoes, kale (which I blanched and froze for winter soup), mizuna (which I have to admit, is not really working for me), cabbage, broccoli, onions, eggplant, fantastic cucumbers, a pepper, and zucchini.


I pledge allegiance...



...and Food Justice for all.
From the Hudson Valley Seed Library.

Today I harvested select items from the garden - kale, collard greens, kohlrabi, and cabbage to make room for some fall arugula and green onions.  Due to the wet & cool season, we've only been able to eat off of one orange cherry tomato plant.  All the rest are in some sort of green limbo.

This is a tender cabbage that is pointed vs ball shaped.  It was a seasonal food we ate DK.  I grew this one from seed ordered from Johnny's - Early Green, Carafex F1 hybrid.


No comments: